High Quality Handmade Meditation Cushion. Soft grey felt like upholstery fabric. Organic buckwheat hulls.
Just like you need a proper bed for a good night's sleep, a high-quality meditation cushion is a must if you want to establish a consistent practice.
This cushion is designed to lift your hips allowing them to roll slightly forward, supporting the natural curve of your low back. Once your spine is aligned, the rest of your body follows naturally.
This cushion has been a game changer in my meditation practice. As a beginner my hips and legs were so tight trying to sit cross legged on the floor. I was plagued with pins and needles and aches and pains. I now have the freedom to practice for as long as I wish. It has also been a great attribute to my yoga practice. It doubles as a bolster and yoga block to modify positions.
Buckwheat Hulls are the hard outer shell that house the seeds of buckwheat grain. The reasons i choose them as a filling include:
- incredible long life span of 15 to 20 years as they do not compress under pressure unlike synthetic fillings
- fresh clean smell
- non-toxic, all natural no chemicals or preservatives added, 100% organic
- environmentally friendly, agricultural byproduct
- may help with migraine
- zero waste, when discarding add hulls to compost or flowers beds, the soil loves it!
Why choose my Zafu Cushion:
- sustainably made all by me, no production lines
- overlocked and double stitched for strength and durability
- well packed and firm
- easy to remove buckwheat hulls to adjust firmness
- made to order, no big stocks or waste of materials
- unique hand stamped labels by me (also thanks to biterswit for their beautiful stamps)
Contents: Upholstery offcuts fabric, organic buckwheat hulls
Approximate Dimensions: 13" x 5"
Approximate Weight: 2kg
As each item is handmade by me please allow up to 5 working days for your new item to be made, packed and dispatched.